Weekly News: 9th September 2019
Every week, I post a curated list of links that authors should find useful or interesting. Here are this week’s links:
- If you haven’t already updated your WordPress install to 5.2.3, do so as soon as you can. It includes a number of security fixes.
- Anniversaries can be a great marketing opportunity, especially for non-fiction.
- An interesting podcast with Hugh Howey, an early self-publishing success story.
- Most authors would love to see their book turned into a film, which leaves them vulnerable to scammers.
- The publishing industry keeps changing. Make sure you keep up.
- Next time you go to a physical event, make sure you take these items.
- Advice on using copyrighted material in your book.
- Readers will judge your book by its cover. Make sure it’s a good one.
For help with any aspect of publishing, email me.