Every week, we post a curated list of links that authors should find useful or interesting. Here are this week’s links:
- John le Carré’s advice to a novelist: The cat sat on the mat is not a story. But the cat sat on a dog’s mat is a story.
- There is one thing that your novel must do: arouse the reader’s curiosity.
- How to prepare for a media interview.
- Is it worth the effort to get your book into book shops?
- How BookBub ads work: an explainer video.
- Robin explains why indie authors should sell on DriveThruFiction, and shows how you could become a big fish in this small pond.
- It’s important that your book cover looks good as a thumbnail.
If you want to publish your book, email us to find out how we can help.