Every week, we post a curated list of links that authors should find useful or interesting. Here are this week’s links:
- Agents are refusing to submit manuscripts to HarperCollins, in solidarity with striking workers.
- When it comes to marketing, don’t try to do everything. Do a few things well.
- The unlimited, “all you can eat” subscription model works well in publishing — when publishers support it.
- Apple has changed the page turn animation in the Apple Books app, and some people aren’t happy.
- Don’t expect to make a quick buck from your writing. Learn to think in the long term.
- Offering a free first in series is a long-established marketing tactic. But does it still work?
- Social media is not the enemy of publishing. It could be an ally, if publishers will accept it as such.
Book a FREE consultation to find out how we can help you publish your book.