Every week, we post a curated list of links that authors should find useful or interesting. Here are this week’s links:
- Some help for authors just starting out, from veteran indies Joanna Penn and David Gaughran
- Authors often ask if their writing is good enough, but that’s the wrong question. The real question is, do you like writing for its own sake?
- Self-publishing romance authors know how to market their books. Consequently they sell well. So why does a large part of the industry ignore or mock them?
- Our Local Links WordPress Plugin for authors will localise your links. Plus it now makes it easy to include affiliate codes on your Amazon, Apple, Google, and Kobo links.
- There’s lots of conflicting advice about when to send emails to your list. We only send them when we have something to say. This explains why.
- Many authors don’t register their copyright. Here’s the argument for why you should, and how to do it.
- We won’t be supplying Mobi files for upload to Amazon any more, because Amazon want you to upload an ePub file instead.
If you want to publish your book, email us to find out how we can help.