We at Author Help believe that:
- Every author’s words are their own, and they should retain creative and financial control of their books.
- Free speech and freedom of expression are important.
- Our freedoms are also important. We are not obligated to work with authors whose works contravene laws on hate speech or go against our principles.
Further, we believe that:
- Black lives matter.
- Disabilities do not reduce or negate a person’s validity or value.
- Trans rights are human rights.
- All love based on respect and consent is good.
- Voices of all ages deserve to be heard.
- Freedom of belief is important, but does not extend to oppression of others.
- Human rights apply to all, regardless of a person’s place of birth or the circumstances they find themselves in.
- Caring for the environment is everyone’s responsibility